top of page


The school was first opened in 1880 as a High School and has always been a focal point in the community.

In 1975 it became a Full Primary and since then the area’s secondary students have either travelled to the Taieri College in Mosgiel or have attended boarding school.

The school has extensive grounds and the development of these is on-going for the Board of Trustees and the community. All classrooms on the school site are older but well maintained.

The Middlemarch Playgroup occupies a classroom in the school and is held one day a week. The playgroup is an extended part of our school community. 

bottom of page